For children G1-5 and designed specifically to complement any homeschool education plan
Homeschool Yoga was designed specifically to complement any homeschool education plan by creating an environment for children to learn vital skills that can be incorporated into all aspects of their life, while incorporating Physical Education and Health Education into your plan.
Homeschool Yoga is a one hour class designed to strengthen and stretch the entire body, balance the nervous system, improve body awareness, encourage the development of communication and social skills, increase each student’s ability to self-regulate, and provide a fun and engaging experience!
Our yoga classes for children incorporate breathing, music, yoga postures and stretching, and relaxation techniques, which benefit the whole child helping to promote learning readiness and well-being. Benefits of Homeschool Yoga class:
• Class held mid day to assist children who are being homeschooled in taking necessary motor breaks to relieve stress and anxiety and improve learning readiness
• Incorporates Physical Education/Health Education into your plan
• Enhances body awareness
• Improves strength and flexibility
• Improves coordination and agility
• Decrease stress and anxiety
• Increase focus and concentration skills
• Promotes a healthy body image
• Boosts confidence and self-esteem
• Promotes a positive and healthy lifestyle
• Community buildingWhat to expect in Homeschool Yoga class:
• Guided, age-appropriate exploration of yoga movements and activities
• Exploration of thematic ideas such as peace, respect, gratitude and healthy living, presented at an age-appropriate level, expanding upon them as children become capable of deeper awareness and comprehension.
• Relationship-building activities that allow children to mindfully practice compassion, support and respect in their relationships with others. Recognizing that positive relationships are the result of a positive sense of self, we encourage children to look within themselves to discover their own strengths and gifts.
• Visual imagery and relaxation, helping children discover the power of quieting the mind and body.
What to Bring/Wear:
Dress comfortably for gentle movement.